Junior Service Desk Engineer
Position: NO VACANCIES CURRENTLY
|Aim of the Job:
||Triage inbound support calls and assign requests to engineers according to priority and ticket requirements. Carry out low level requests reported by clients.
||Service Desk Manager
||£17,000-£19,000 per annum (depending on candidate & experience)
||37.5 per week. Service Desk Engineers generally work either 08:00-16:00 or 09:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
- Be the first point of contact for all inbound service requests from our partners via telephone, email & self-service portal, always working to strict SLA’s. Providing first-class customer service is critical to the role.
- Achieve mastery of the role by becoming fluent with our internal IT ticketing & technical monitoring systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of who our partners are, what they do & how they operate, as well as develop a basic technical understanding of the IT systems being used.
- Assist the Service Desk by carrying out low-level service requests (password resets etc.)
- Work as part of a team within the service desk and report to the Service Desk Manager daily.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Passionate about the industry and a want and desire to work in a service desk environment.
- Excellent customer service skills showing strong examples of communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- A basic amount of technical knowledge is required; however, training will be provided.
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be dependable and punctual always.
- Be open-minded about new strategies and ideas put in place by managerial staff.
- Willingness to learn internal IT systems to a high standard.
- Experience of working in a similar customer services-focussed role is extremely desirable but not essential.
Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- To be the first point of contact for inbound reactive Service Desk enquiries (by telephone and email), providing basic technical support where possible.
- To ensure that all incoming technical enquiries are correctly and accurately logged within internal ticketing systems.
- To categorise service requests based on their description to adhere to existing priority levels.
- To help and order the ticket queue and place appropriate call backs to clients when needed.
- To assist end-users with low level requests such as password resets and new user setups.
- To work as part of a team to provide a high-quality technical support & customer service.
- To maintain the highest degree of customer service for all service requests and adhere to all service management principles and processes.
- To escalate more complex service requests to the relevant personnel.