Position: NO VACANCIES CURRENTLY
|Aim of the Job:
||To provide technical support to our customers by resolving incidents swiftly and undertaking commissioning, upgrades and planned maintenance as required.
||Service Desk Manager
||£23,000-£26,000 per annum (depending on candidate & experience)
||37.5 per week. Field Service Engineers generally work either 08:00-16:00 or 09:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
- To prepare, configure, deliver & install hardware and software to client sites to the Team Metalogic service standards.
- To provide a first response to on-site technical issues and failures, troubleshooting and remediating wherever possible.
- To provide support and assistance to the Service Desk / Professional Services team.
Skills & Competencies Required:
- A broad technical understanding of IT networks, infrastructure and systems, including routing & switching.
- A broad understanding, from a support & troubleshooting perspective, of:
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10).
- Mac Operating Systems (OS X).
- WAN connectivity (xDSL, Ethernet, MPLS), with experience of installing/configuring/troubleshooting.
- Hosted VoIP telephony (Gamma Horizon).
- Structured Cabling (racking/stacking, patching, terminating, troubleshooting).
- Windows Server technologies (Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019) and associated core roles including but not limited to AD, FSMO, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, RDS & RemoteApp.
- Virtualization technologies (VMware vSAN, vCenter, vSphere from 6.0 upwards).
- Firewall & Hardware VPN Technologies (Palo Alto, Cisco, Draytek).
- Microsoft Azure technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Office 365).
- Storage technologies (iSCSI, NFS).
- A good understanding of windows image-based deployment technologies such as Windows Deployment Services (WDS), SCCM, Auto-Pilot, SmartDeploy, etc.
- Role-specific Industry Certifications (CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CCNA, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office365, Microsoft Server).
- PSA/RMM Tools (ConnectWise, Continuum, Auvik, IT Glue).
- Full UK drivers’ licence.
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Flexible Working (including some occasional unsocial hours when supporting Professional Services project delivery).
- Ability to work on their own.
- Problem solving, prioritisation & decision making.
- Excellent Customer Service & Engagement levels.
Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Install, configure & troubleshoot hardware/software to customer premises/servers/workstations.
- Install, configure & troubleshoot network infrastructure equipment to customer premises.
- Install, configure & troubleshoot cloud telephony hardware and accessories.
- Final provisioning of leased line / broadband circuits and installation of equipment to customer premises.
- Install & configure current lifecycle Windows servers to both physical and virtual environments.
- To take ownership of and troubleshoot hardware/software issues and identify technical solutions where required.
- To provide an on-site response / presence when required for technical service outages and/or communications failures.
- To support the Service Desk when required in ticket triage, resolution & closure.
- To support the Professional Services team when required with project delivery, both remotely and on-site at customer premises.
- Ensuring full and complete documentation at all times and to a high standard.
- To liaise with customers, technical vendors and suppliers where required.
- To keep up to date with advances and practices in key technical areas as aided by the company continued professional development (CPD) programme and individual training plans.
Key Performance Indicators
List of Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic & Timely Targets (SMART):
- To achieve the company targets of 99% SLA (respond) and 98% SLA (plan)
- Average customer satisfaction score of > 85% (4.25/5.00)
- Re-opened tickets < 5%
- New system build & dispatch within 48 hours of receipt