Service Desk Engineer
Position: NO VACANCIES CURRENTLY
|Aim of the Job:
||Provide technical support to end-users at customer sites
||Service Desk Manager
||£21,000-£35,000 per annum (depending on candidate & experience)
||37.5 per week. Service Desk Engineers generally work either 08:00-16:00 or 09:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
- To provide reactive and proactive technical support to end-users in line with the Team Metalogic service standards, ensuring first-fix wherever possible and maximum levels of customer satisfaction through service delivery excellence.
- To contribute to the business being a technical innovator, achieving mastery of their role, taking ownership and accountability for all that is delivered.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Strong working knowledge of both Microsoft and Apple based operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on the Office 365 product suite.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server administration (Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019) and associated core roles including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policy, RDS & RemoteApp.
- Working knowledge of supporting and administering Microsoft Office 365 tenant accounts.
- A strong understanding of computer hardware including but not limited to PC components, printers and other peripheral devices (Certified to CompTIA A+ desirable)
- A basic technical understanding and ability to troubleshoot IT networks and associated infrastructure (ping, tracert, nslookup, etc).
- A basic understanding of WAN connectivity technologies such as ADSL, VDSL, Ethernet.
- PSA/RMM Tools (ConnectWise, Continuum, Auvik, IT Glue)
- Full UK drivers’ licence
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent Customer Service & Engagement levels
Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- To be the first point of contact for inbound reactive Service Desk enquiries (by telephone and email), providing immediate technical support and resolution where possible
- To ensure that all incoming technical enquiries are correctly and accurately logged within internal call-logging and ticketing systems.
- To install/configure software remotely to end-user workstations where required.
- To support and troubleshoot client application and line-of-business software, liaising with third-party vendors where appropriate.
- To configure, support and troubleshoot hardware for end-users where required, including but not limited to printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.
- To carry out day-to-day user administration/troubleshooting including but not limited to adding/editing/removing users, password resets & permissions changes.
- To setup, configure and troubleshoot VPN’s for end-users.
- To assist end-users with connectivity issues (WLAN, LAN, etc)
- To identify, log and react to (or escalate where appropriate) monitoring alerts generated from across the customer estate.
- To remotely provision new devices for end-users as part of their onboarding process.
- To administer cloud-based SPAM filtering solutions including whitelisting, blacklisting, quarantine release, etc.
- To administer client security software such as anti-virus, web filtering, etc.
- To support VOIP telephony systems and handsets
- To support and remediate end-user errors including but not limited to lost files, settings, customisations, etc.
- To carry out preventative maintenance across the client estate.
- To work as part of a team to provide a high-quality support service appropriate to the needs of all end-user companies and their employees.
- To maintain the highest degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and processes.
- To take ownership of end-user technical issues and be pro-active when dealing with day-to-day technical requests.
- To escalate more complex support requests to the relevant support personnel.
- To carry out daily client systems checks, reporting to the relevant support personnel where necessary.
- To maintain a consistent and thorough level of documentation across both service delivery and client configuration documents.
- To keep up to date with advances and practices in key technical areas as aided by the company continued professional development (CPD) programme and individual training plans.
Key Performance Indicators
List of Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic & Timely Targets (SMART):
- Average customer satisfaction score of > 85% (4.25/5.00)
- Re-opened tickets < 5%
- Tickets worked as a proportionately equal percentage of immediate team capacity